RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"the emulator exited unexpectedly"

+3
tartifless
getupor
roskoroswell
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"the emulator exited unexpectedly" - Page 2 Empty Re: "the emulator exited unexpectedly"

Post by globeron 10/03/24, 07:11 am

Hi Roskoroswell.
Not 100% if this is the issue
(I am not an expert on this, but I used to have the same issue with the TI-99/4A crashing with RetroArch mame libretro). I overwrote the mame-libretro.dll (size 338.534kb) version 0.261 4/7/2023 and that fixed it for me since then (it is not the officially way to update retroarch).

Retrobat/emulators/retroarch/cores

(As a side note after the upgrade to V6 I also have many arcade games that do not start anymore and I need to manually change select another mame version, like mame2003 or mame2010, 2016, mame64 and for some the roms gave errors with missing files in the rom, they used to work fine before, then the new rom which has those files work okay now). Not too sure if Microsoft defender or so impacts files that are inside a zip file or impacting the .dll).

globeron
globeron

Back to top Go down

"the emulator exited unexpectedly" - Page 2 Empty Re: "the emulator exited unexpectedly"

Post by Stildo33 18/03/24, 11:27 pm

tartifless wrote:@roskorockwell

I think it is due to one of the drivers forced on one system that is not compatible with the gpu you have (which is a quite old apu already).

So by forcing driver to directx11 or opengl, you ensure retroarch will not try and set another one by default because a core requests it.
It can also be due to shaders using more recent technology than your apu supports.

All in all, adding a more recent nvidia gpu to your computer would help, something along gtx 1060 or even gtx 970...

I just had this same problem on my Rogue Ally. The ONLY thing I had changed from the last time I played was I had changed the retrobat system video from "auto" to "vulcan" so N64 would work. I was getting the same crash error on anything else I played.

I changed it back to auto for non-N64 games it it seems to work just fine now. Is that what might be causing my issue?
Stildo33
Stildo33

Back to top Go down

Post by Destruk 20/03/24, 12:30 am

You might try from the main menu in retrobat, setting "per system advanced configuration". - That will allow you to use Vulcan for the emulator that you want it to be, and use other settings for different systems.

For 'exited unexpectedly' that could be the video API/driver selection, missing bios rom, different rom version for mame than the one required based on the CRC or hash value, or naming with the software list or updated parameter required for launch. If you have a current set of roms for mame and the current bios pack for the systems you're using, then you shouldn't need different mame versions. And the TI99 roms haven't changed in decades so you can probably rule that out. There is a log file for emulationstation, and you can try launching it with mame from the command line to see the error message you are getting. Then audit your roms in mame.exe or clrMAMEPro. You might also want to verify with the softlist if you're doing consoles through mame.
Destruk
Destruk

globeron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Destruk 20/03/24, 12:39 am

To be of more help and follow along, http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/dettaglio_mame.php?game_name=ti99_4a&lang=en has the softlist easily accessible on the XML tab for TI/99 - "Additional Infos" under "TI-99/4A Home Computer (US) - MAME machine"
I'm sure you can create the same file info from the command line, just I forgot how, HA! So it's easier for me to pull an existing list from a webpage.
Destruk
Destruk

globeron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by globeron 22/03/24, 01:57 am

Hi Destruk,
Good points on the Vulcan vs opengpl driver, I had that with another emulator before, but did not try it for the TI (but this one is fixed all works okay). Thanks for the clrMAMEPro hint. I will try this, because many Mame roms have the exit 200 now, some work agaiin when changing to a different mame version like mame 2010, mame 2003, etc. And some roms have missing files in the .zip (while they worked before), but adding the files solved it. Furthermore Retrobat works like a charm

globeron
globeron

Destruk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Retrobob2020 06/05/24, 01:34 am

I had the same problem.

went to game settings
Drivers
Open GL

everything starts now
Retrobob2020
Retrobob2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2