RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly]

5 posters

Go down

ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly] Empty ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly]

Post by cynder9792 23/02/24, 03:22 am

Hi all,

Recently updated to v6. It wiped some game save data, reset my custom controls for emulation station, and the biggest problem so far is that when I run Daphne, it reverts to 640x480. I have tried editing xmls, cfgs, changed settings within retrobat, and nothing seems to work. Anyone have an idea before I nuke everything aside from roms/ game save data and start from scratch? I was pointed in a direction to edit the es_features.cfg on github but my cfg file does not contain any of the text that is displayed.

Last edited by cynder9792 on 17/03/24, 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
cynder9792
cynder9792

Back to top Go down

ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly] Empty Re: ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly]

Post by tartifless 23/02/24, 12:58 pm

Hello,

Can you give an example of save data that was wiped ? As the update does not erase anything, it might be just that we have moved the place where save data is configured.

Regarding daphne/hypseus, this will be fixed in next hotfix update.

Regards.

ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly] Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

cynder9792 likes this post

Back to top Go down

ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly] Empty Re: ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly]

Post by Fluffinator 02/03/24, 09:53 pm

I had a similar issue. New super Mario Wii save data in Dolphin was lost or overwritten with update to v6. Also Dolphin now always enables frame rate and lag counter "movie" window display upon startup. The window cannot be closed but can be minimized and dragged to a corner of the screen. I'm also a noob and just got into basic emulation recently so likely could be missing something simple.
Fluffinator
Fluffinator

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 02/03/24, 10:59 pm

Save data was not "lost" but we have moved the folder where save is located.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffinator 04/03/24, 01:37 am

I think the previous save file was overwritten when I loaded the rom. Current save directory is C:\RetroBat\saves\wii\dolphin. What was the v5.3 save path? When I search the entire RetroBat folder structure only the new save file is found. Thanks for the explanation. I'm trying to see if it's possible to find or recover the previous save file some how.
Fluffinator
Fluffinator

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 04/03/24, 08:27 am

Previously it was in the emulators\dolphin folder (standard dolphin folder when you install dolphin) in a user subfolder.
Retrobat does not overwrite emulators, bios, roms and saves folders when updating.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffinator 04/03/24, 01:51 pm

Thanks for the help. I'll see if I can locate it there. I'm pretty sure I've already checked but will confirm. When launching the ROM, I received a notification that a new save file was detected. The resulting game was blank and started from the beginning but is saving correctly as it progresses. Perhaps Dolphin (or ES?) was the cause of the loss. Regardless, it's probably worth backing up any game saves before updating emulators or front end software.
Fluffinator
Fluffinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffinator 04/03/24, 02:09 pm

Also, the dolphin lag and frame counter window that was displaying was due to me having the FPS counter setting turned on in RetroBat. It displayed the dolphin window that couldn't be closed and required a mouse to move out of the game window and also the same minimalist FPS counter (that I like) in the top right corner (maybe from RetroArch?). By turning off the setting in RetroBat both counters no longer display on startup of a game. This appears to be a change from RBv5.3 where the dolphin window was never enabled and the smaller FPS counter in the top right would display when the setting was enabled in RB. Perhaps none of this is necessary to say, but wanted to add it here in case someone else runs into the same thing. I'll just turn on the FPS counter in the future when optimizing settings in dolphin and turn it back off when done.
Fluffinator
Fluffinator

Back to top Go down

Post by cynder9792 14/03/24, 02:45 am

tartifless wrote:Hello,

Can you give an example of save data that was wiped ? As the update does not erase anything, it might be just that we have moved the place where save data is configured.

Regarding daphne/hypseus, this will be fixed in next hotfix update.

Regards.

Thank you for the reply and apologies for the delayed response. Examples are: burgertime (mame64) hi-score is gone, nba jam te (mame64) progress gone (beat all teams special characters unlocked), etc. I have since gotten the nba jam save (nvram) working along with my custom mame controls for all games as I backed everything up but am having issues with bezels not showing on daphne games, daphne games not working, systems not showing (actionmax, lynx, turbo gfx16, etc) out of the 91 systems I have only about 60 show up on the wheel.

Any idea when the next update might roll out? I am guessing you guys are collecting bug data but just curious. Thanks for everything you guys do, no other frontend for me.
cynder9792
cynder9792

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 14/03/24, 07:17 am

Nvram have not been wiped with the update, we have fixed the path to nvram, so they are still there but need to be moved to the right folder.

So far there aren't many bug feedback with v6.

Daphne games are working, bezels for hypseus is known but the new hypseus does not work with reshade, so we will enable standard emulator bezel feature in the future.

Systems not appearing is either due to :
- no games in the roms folder
- Retrobat set to only show games already existing in gamelist
- hidden extensions
- custom es_systems.cfg file
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Lorenzolamas and cynder9792 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cynder9792 17/03/24, 10:55 pm

tartifless wrote:Nvram have not been wiped with the update, we have fixed the path to nvram, so they are still there but need to be moved to the right folder.

So far there aren't many bug feedback with v6.

Daphne games are working, bezels for hypseus is known but the new hypseus does not work with reshade, so we will enable standard emulator bezel feature in the future.

Systems not appearing is either due to :
- no games in the roms folder
- Retrobat set to only show games already existing in gamelist
- hidden extensions
- custom es_systems.cfg file

Thank you again for the reply, I somewhat fixed some of my issues but some still remain. For the save data, I tinkered with some settings within the mame standalone and made sure to enable hi scores in the advanced per systems settings which may have been my issue all along, not sure but it works now. For the systems, I added a custom systems cfg and now singe/actionmax games, tg6, etc are showing. Was having an issue with bezels using the bezel project but once I manually set the correct ones and changed them from auto to none the correct ones showed up. Still working on dlc for a few bigN titles and getting ps1 working (crashes back to main menu when trying to launch a game) and ps2 (really odd launch error that I fo not even know how to describe atm). Will work on those and report back, thanks again for all you guys do!
cynder9792
cynder9792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick4Life 31/03/24, 06:06 pm

Hey guys, is there any solution for the “retroarchievements token invalid” error persistent in the new updates of emulators like ppsspp and PCSX2 in this new version of retrobat?
Sick4Life
Sick4Life

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 31/03/24, 06:15 pm

Hello

Sorry, but i don't see the problem you talk about (IN RETROBAT V6 AT LEAST)

ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly] 2024-033

ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly] 2024-032

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 31/03/24, 06:57 pm

Sick4Life wrote:Hey guys, is there any solution for the “retroarchievements token invalid” error persistent in the new updates of emulators like ppsspp and PCSX2 in this new version of retrobat?

Just disconnect in retrobat, then quit, and then reconnect in RetroBat.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick4Life 31/03/24, 07:02 pm

Im using PCSX2: auto and always gave me this screen:
ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly] Image10
Same story with pppsspp, im trying deleting tokens with various directories cfg but stills gave me that error
Sick4Life
Sick4Life

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 31/03/24, 07:03 pm

But... have you enter your credentials from the Retrobat menu ?

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick4Life 31/03/24, 07:05 pm

getupor wrote:But... have you enter your credentials from the Retrobat menu ?

In retrobat menu, and pcsx2 and ppsspp menus either, but stills gave me invalid token error just entering the emulators in retrobat, nothing happens outside of retrobat
Sick4Life
Sick4Life

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 31/03/24, 07:10 pm

you don't have to enter them from emulators... all is injected directly from Retrobat.

Does it happen also with retroarch ?
Do you have a special character ?

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick4Life 31/03/24, 07:13 pm

Its the same name of here, no special characters, im trying deleting the credentials and turning off retroarchievements fron pcsx2 and ppsspp but stills having me the message inside retrobat
Sick4Life
Sick4Life

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 31/03/24, 07:17 pm

We agree that you entered them here :

ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly] 2024-034

ISSUES WITH V6 UPDATE [SOLVED, mostly] 2024-035

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down