RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

won`'t save any changes on retroarch core settings

3 posters

Go down

won`'t save any changes on retroarch core settings Empty won`'t save any changes on retroarch core settings

Post by OxyDaniel 24/04/24, 01:00 pm

hello, sorry for my english. i can't save any changes on retroarch core settings. on other devices i change video settings or sounds in every emulator, but on retrobat it is not possible.
i save the config and it says it is saved. but when i quit and play again later all settings are gone and at default. on my other systems like bartocera or rasperry is not this problmlem
OxyDaniel
OxyDaniel

Back to top Go down

won`'t save any changes on retroarch core settings Empty Re: won`'t save any changes on retroarch core settings

Post by getupor 24/04/24, 01:51 pm

Hello
Is because all settings have to be done from the RetroBat menu

https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t135-faq-retrobat-wip#2754

won`'t save any changes on retroarch core settings Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

won`'t save any changes on retroarch core settings Empty Re: won`'t save any changes on retroarch core settings

Post by OxyDaniel 24/04/24, 02:13 pm

getupor wrote:Hello

ok, but its very sad cause i cant use my left analog stick on all old consoles. there is no option to activate this and a lot of settings there will also not be saved
OxyDaniel
OxyDaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 24/04/24, 02:51 pm

More details can be interesting (controller type, emulator or core used...)

Or if you want the straight road, you can deactivate controller configuration, and map from Retroarch following this way
https://wiki.retrobat.org/controllers/specific_mapping/retroarch-controller-mapping

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 24/04/24, 02:53 pm

OxyDaniel wrote:

ok, but its very sad cause i cant use my left analog stick on all old consoles. there is no option to activate this and a lot of settings there will also not be saved

You can change the libretro mapping by forcing remaps with the files located in retrobat\system\resources\input mapping

Just create a file foe your core / system, there is an example for Flycast.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 24/04/24, 02:58 pm

For example you can force the analog to dpad mode, we do it a lot in the libretro_flycast_naomi mapping.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 24/04/24, 03:00 pm

OxyDaniel wrote:

All settings that are NOT available in Retrobat interface will be saved when changed from Retroarch.

And by the way Batocera works the same.
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OxyDaniel 24/04/24, 07:51 pm

tartifless wrote:
OxyDaniel wrote:

All settings that are NOT available in Retrobat interface will be saved when changed from Retroarch.

And by the way Batocera works the same.

not for me, in betocera for me everything works fine, also emulation station desktop. only retrobat will sot save any of my changes at retoarch
OxyDaniel
OxyDaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 24/04/24, 09:52 pm

Retrobat allows you to change almost all settings in Retroarch.
But without clear example we will close this topic.

Also give us the example of a setting that Batocera lets you save within Retroarch, would be interesting !
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OxyDaniel 24/04/24, 10:48 pm

every core /emulator i opend and change something in the coreoptions will not be saved, i try the same way like in batocera. in game pressing for me "select and x" opens retroarch, i change something, save the config like in my other retroarch systems. but when i quit the game and start again nothig has saved, i must every time do the same changes again. and insite retrobat the emulators options has no all the settings like the retroarch core settings inside. like a few videosettings, sounds and so on.
OxyDaniel
OxyDaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 24/04/24, 11:21 pm

I will close as there is no example and this is exactly the same way batocera works and normal way of working.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down