RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Background music for windows games

5 posters

Go down

Background music for windows games Empty Background music for windows games

Post by AngelDavil88 25/04/24, 08:03 pm

Good evening, I have a problem with Windows games. While I'm playing after a couple of seconds I hear the background music of retrobat and sometimes the frontend opens on its own. Is there a solution for this? I tried changing the sdl in the emulationstation folder but nothing changed! Thank you!
AngelDavil88
AngelDavil88

Back to top Go down

Background music for windows games Empty Re: Background music for windows games

Post by tartifless 25/04/24, 08:16 pm

We will fix this with next version.
The difficulty with windows games is that Retrobat must define what process it is waiting to end.

And as you can imagine not all executables are the same than the game process name.

In next version we'll offer ability to add a file near the game shortcut that specifies the process to wait for and fix an issue we have identified for windows game more generally.

Background music for windows games Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

AngelDavil88 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelDavil88 07/05/24, 07:14 pm

tartifless wrote:We will fix this with next version.
The difficulty with windows games is that Retrobat must define what process it is waiting to end.

And as you can imagine not all executables are the same than the game process name.

In next version we'll offer ability to add a file near the game shortcut that specifies the process to wait for and fix an issue we have identified for windows game more generally.
Has this issue been resolved in 6.2? In the changelog I saw that you can add a file called .gameexe next to the link and put the path to the game .exe inside. I did this but the problem doesn't seem to be resolved. After about a minute, ES comes to the foreground and I hear background music. Am I doing something wrong? An example of a .gameexe file? Thank you
AngelDavil88
AngelDavil88

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 07/05/24, 07:17 pm

Hello
For the moment the explanation on the wiki isn't yet available, and a long weekend is above us. So need to wait a little bit more

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 07/05/24, 07:44 pm

AngelDavil88 wrote:

Has this issue been resolved in 6.2? In the changelog I saw that you can add a file called .gameexe next to the link and put the path to the game .exe inside. I did this but the problem doesn't seem to be resolved. After about a minute, ES comes to the foreground and I hear background music. Am I doing something wrong? An example of a .gameexe file? Thank you

Having not tested or been confronted with the problem, I am not able to verify.

But what I understand is that the name of the .gameexe file must be in the name of the executable. So if the .exe file is called foto.exe then it must be written foo. gameexe

Do you have an example game I could try?

Aynshe
Aynshe

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelDavil88 09/05/24, 04:41 pm

Aynshe wrote:
AngelDavil88 wrote:

Having not tested or been confronted with the problem, I am not able to verify.

But what I understand is that the name of the .gameexe file must be in the name of the executable. So if the .exe file is called foto.exe then it must be written foo. gameexe

Do you have an example game I could try?
I tried to put the .gameexe file with the path inside but it doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong. I tried the 3 house of the dead and after a while they all return to ES in the background and I hear the background music!
AngelDavil88
AngelDavil88

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 09/05/24, 08:03 pm

It's not the path that should be put but the name of the .exe or process that is running when the game runs.

But first you need to know the process to monitor
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelDavil88 10/05/24, 07:37 pm

I tried putting several files next to the original game link (The House of the Dead 3 (Arcade Mod)) in the windows folder such as:

hod3pc.gameexe
hod3pc.exe.gameexe
The House of the Dead 3 (Arcade Mod).gameexe

Inside each file I also inserted the name of the process (hod3pc.exe). But I didn't solve it, after about a minute it automatically goes back to Retrobat leaving the game in the background.
AngelDavil88
AngelDavil88

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 10/05/24, 07:41 pm

Can you :
1) Screenshot your roms\windows folder
2) Send your emulatorlauncher.log file after running this game

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelDavil88 Yesterday at 12:02 am

Ok, but we'll talk about it next week now! Cause work!
AngelDavil88
AngelDavil88

Back to top Go down

Post by globeron Yesterday at 05:01 pm

Hello all,

I have a similar issue that the music starts to play once the ES screen goes back.
(the windows with big ES in it, goes back to Retrobat after 1 minute and starts to play music again)

For .exe I do not do anything and all works okay (thus without the .gameexe file)

but I start a mame.bat file first, which starts the mame.exe (see script below)

[EDIT. I renamed the .bat to mame.bat, also tried MAME.bat and put mame.gamexe and mame.uwv
and mame.exe.gameexe and mame.exe.uwv and mame.bat.gameexe and mame.bat.uwv)

with tasklist I see mame.exe (lowercase)
in windows task manager I see MAME (uppercase without .exe)

Content of the Batch file  (to start the Myarc Geneve 9640 system)

REM  -mouseprovider auto/rawinput/dinput/win32
rem  -mouseprovider dinput -colorbus busmouse
@echo off
C:
cd \GAMES
cd mame
type Gkeys.txt
mame.exe geneve -nokeepaspect -skip_gameinfo -bios 1.00 -mouseprovider dinput -colorbus busmouse -peb:slot4 speech -peb:slot8 hfdc -peb:slot8:hfdc:h1 generic -peb:slot8:hfdc:h2 generic -hard1 disks\OS7.hd -hard2 disks\FDRIVE.hd -flop1 disks\DSKABOOT.dsk  
REM older Mame version works
REM mame64.exe geneve -nokeepaspect -bios 1.00 -skip_gameinfo -mouseprovider dinput -colorbus busmouse -peb:slot4 speech -peb:slot8 hfdc -peb:slot8:hfdc:h1 generic -peb:slot8:hfdc:h2 generic -hard1 disks\OS7.hd -hard2 disks\FDRIVE.hd -flop1 disks\DSKABOOT.dsk  
REM %*

globeron
globeron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down