RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Issue with saving key maps for mame64

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Issue with saving key maps for mame64 Empty [RESOLVED] Issue with saving key maps for mame64

Post by Roadkillusa 26/04/24, 06:22 am

Hello,

I was running Retrobat 5.3.0 stable, and all was fine with my mame64 Ui key mapping. I updated to the current stable version 6.1.0 and now my key maps for my Ui controls don't work. Before I customized the default.cfg in C:\RetroBat\bios\mame\cfg and everything worked fine. i had it so while in game I could use a button to open the menu to change game settings and controls and also had a button mapped to exit out of Mame. For some reason with the update, it continues to over right my default.cfg in C:\RetroBat\bios\mame\cfg I also have the setting in Retrobat to ignore the mame.ini file in C:\RetroBat\bios\mame\ini
anyone have any idea why this changed?
Roadkillusa
Roadkillusa

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Issue with saving key maps for mame64 Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Issue with saving key maps for mame64

Post by getupor 26/04/24, 06:04 pm

Hello

Can you test with the fix available on the wiki ?
At the end of the following page :
https://wiki.retrobat.org/tutorials/know-issues-and-fixes

[RESOLVED] Issue with saving key maps for mame64 Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Issue with saving key maps for mame64 Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Issue with saving key maps for mame64

Post by Roadkillusa 26/04/24, 09:28 pm

getupor wrote:Hello

Can you test with the fix available on the wiki ?
At the end of the following page :
https://wiki.retrobat.org/tutorials/know-issues-and-fixes

Downloaded it and installed it in retrobat\emulationstation\.emulationstation folder
No change. The defualt.cfg file in C:\RetroBat\bios\mame\cfg still gets over-written removing my custom default.cfg
Roadkillusa
Roadkillusa

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 26/04/24, 09:47 pm

Follow the wiki guide here by removing your default.cfg to a custom one and place it in saves\mame\crtlr folder.

Than on retrobat select the custom profile.

https://wiki.retrobat.org/controllers/specific_mapping/mame64-controller-mapping
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Roadkillusa likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadkillusa 26/04/24, 10:08 pm

Thank You!!! That did the trick. Very Happy
Roadkillusa
Roadkillusa

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down