RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On boot Video Splashscreen Randomizer?

2 posters

Go down

On boot Video Splashscreen Randomizer? Empty On boot Video Splashscreen Randomizer?

Post by Virtualman 07/10/20, 02:01 am

Is this possible? I don't want to re-invent the wheel but wondering if it will be a upcoming feature, just reads any mp4 in a directory and randomly picks one?
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

On boot Video Splashscreen Randomizer? Empty Re: On boot Video Splashscreen Randomizer?

Post by Kayl 07/10/20, 11:56 am

Hello,

Yes, this is possible. This is not my priority for now but I keep this idea in mind...

PS: Please choose an avatar !

EDIT: I just added the feature requested, so it will be available for the next update (soon). But remember, don't make a donation to "buy" features Wink

On boot Video Splashscreen Randomizer? Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

On boot Video Splashscreen Randomizer? Empty Re: On boot Video Splashscreen Randomizer?

Post by Virtualman 07/10/20, 03:11 pm

@kayl i donate for all your time you guys put into this... it's 100% optional and I do it because I love what you guys do. I have zero expectations but I've been there... takes time to put this great work and evolve!
Virtualman

Kayl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 07/10/20, 11:45 pm

@kayl this is just one of 20+ intro videos I made way back Retropie days but i added RetroBat logo near end... I plan to do the same for for all other videos add RetroBat , adds a nice touch on retrobat boot up Smile - it's all about the nostalgia.

Video 1 of 23 - Powered by RetroBat!
All my videos are exactly less then 48 seconds about same time it boots RetroBat - works rather well currently.
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 31/10/20, 02:30 pm

@kayl - hope all is well just curious ETA for this feature - let me know if you need me to test.
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 31/10/20, 06:48 pm

Hello,

The feature will be available with the future update (soon). There is no beta for now.

Kayl
Kayl
Admin

Virtualman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 14/11/20, 03:17 am

Would it be possible to have early bird build for this feature by Dec 11 Smile special day for me.
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 14/11/20, 06:11 pm

Hello,

No we don't make individual exceptions, but as a contributor you will be among the firsts to be able to download beta builds when they will be ready.

Kayl
Kayl
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down