RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question on ES collection support

2 posters

Go down

question on ES collection support Empty question on ES collection support

Post by Virtualman 21/11/20, 08:22 pm

Hi All,

I have all my personal collections custom-doom.cfg, custom-oldschool.cfg working with RetroBat - however using a theme that does not support collection the expectation ES will put custom collection in general "collections" bucket which is working as expected.

However, for example from main theme I see 2 collections but unfortunately it's not nested inside the "collections" bucket meaning I expect to see Doom and Oldschool in "collections" theme instead i see entire list of games non-nested. Is this normal with retrobat and is there any way to have custom collections that theme does not support to show as nested? I tried "group unthemed collection custom collections" option in collection as well it makes it worst as you see it collection without artwork because theme does not support it.

Virtualman

bilu likes this post

Back to top Go down

question on ES collection support Empty Re: question on ES collection support

Post by bilu 21/11/20, 09:04 pm

@f.caruso

It seems the ES implementations of Batocera (used in RetroBat) and Retropie have different behaviours regarding enabling option "Group Unthemed Custom Collections". I have attached screenshots of the same theme and collections on Retropie and Retrobat for comparison.

Batocera / Retrobat : all unthemed collections are merged into a single Custom Collection (which kind of misses the point of why collections are made?)
https://wiki.batocera.org/game_collection_settings
question on ES collection support Retrob10

Retropie : nests all unthemed custom collections under Custom Collection (i.e. we can still use collections even if not supported by current theme)
https://retropie.org.uk/docs/EmulationStation/#custom-collections
question on ES collection support Pi_cus10
bilu
bilu

Virtualman likes this post

Back to top Go down