RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with dosbox

2 posters

Go down

Help with dosbox Empty Help with dosbox

Post by goamalo 03/01/21, 07:31 pm

Hello! I found retrobat recently and I absolutly love the project!

I want to add dos game in my pc but the problem is that it only reads .bat files
the .bat file can't have a space in the name like "A mouse in the dark" and using _ is an ugly way to overcome it
I tried to change the config file to read .lnk files but it rewrite it back everytime I open retrobat

I found that I can change the names on gamelist.xml but it only shows the games that I have played and I have 300 games that I have to enter again and again to do so...

So... is there a way around that problem?

and also I have problem running the Chicken Invader games, it shows me a strange error message. running the game by itself or from launchbox does not causing any problem.
the error says:
Error: E_FAIL (0x80004005) statement dxD3D ...
goamalo
goamalo

Back to top Go down

Help with dosbox Empty Re: Help with dosbox

Post by Kayl 06/01/21, 06:52 pm

Hello,

I'm not sure to understand your problem, but for long names you need to add quotation marks to the path containing spaces.

RetroBat 3.1 uses dosbox standalone as default emulator for dos games. The launch command read a config file for each game you want to run, it recognizes either .dosbox, .dos, .pc or .conf extension for these config files.

Help with dosbox Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down