RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Pc engine CD-ROM setup problem.

Go down

[RESOLVED] Pc engine CD-ROM setup problem. Empty [RESOLVED] Pc engine CD-ROM setup problem.

Post by Stavros75 28/03/22, 02:37 pm

I have some games in the pcecd folder in bin and cue files. The problem is even tho they start, i get an image/screen that has chinese letters to choose from. I dont know what to choose since i dont speak/understand them.
Is there something we can do to fix that?

Last edited by Stavros75 on 30/03/22, 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stavros75
Stavros75

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Pc engine CD-ROM setup problem. Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Pc engine CD-ROM setup problem.

Post by Stavros75 30/03/22, 08:28 am

I have changed the bios to start pcecdrom games to US3 and now games won't start. Is there a way to change it back so i can cyrcle throught the bioses to find the right one?
Stavros75
Stavros75

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Pc engine CD-ROM setup problem. Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Pc engine CD-ROM setup problem.

Post by Stavros75 30/03/22, 10:42 pm

I have found the solution to this. The cd bios that works is System Card 3. The way to change it manually if you chose wrong as i did in the first place is to go to Retrobat/emulators/retroarch folder and open (with notepad++ only) the file retroarch-core-options.cfg. In the space somewhere 550-590 (mine was 572 line) is a line that writes
pce_cdbios = "System Card 3 US" or some other bios. You have to change that to System card 3. So erase the "US" and save the file.

So the matter is resolved. Thank you. I hope i helped someone.
Stavros75
Stavros75

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down