RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the official, standalone Pico8 regulator with fine with RetroBat?

3 posters

Go down

Will the official, standalone Pico8 regulator with fine with RetroBat?  Empty Will the official, standalone Pico8 regulator with fine with RetroBat?

Post by KillerQ 08/08/22, 03:35 pm

Hello,

The retroarch core for Pico 8 is underdeveloped and doesn't even support the newest version of Pico 8 games that are available.

I'm thinking about purchasing the official Pico 8 emulator, and I was curious if it will be able to be used as a standalone emulator just fine with RetroBat?

I noticed a Pico 8 folder under emulators in the default installation for retrobat, so I'm assuming that it should work fine if I put it in there.

https://www.lexaloffle.com/pico-8.php

Thanks!!
KillerQ
KillerQ

Back to top Go down

Will the official, standalone Pico8 regulator with fine with RetroBat?  Empty Re: Will the official, standalone Pico8 regulator with fine with RetroBat?

Post by getupor 08/08/22, 06:05 pm

Hello
As mentioned here , pico emulator isn't include, as it's a paid software. But all is ready to add it in Retrobat if you got a version (there is often offer on humble bundle for it)

Will the official, standalone Pico8 regulator with fine with RetroBat?  Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Will the official, standalone Pico8 regulator with fine with RetroBat?  Empty Re: Will the official, standalone Pico8 regulator with fine with RetroBat?

Post by KillerQ 08/08/22, 06:13 pm

getupor wrote:Hello
As mentioned here , pico emulator isn't include, as it's a paid software. But all is ready to add it in Retrobat if you got a version (there is often offer on humble bundle for it)

Thank you. I did see your other post about the humble bundle. Good tip.

Someone said that the way that the emulator is made that it won't work well with launching directly from a front end. Do you know of anyone has tested it, by chance? If not, I will test and let you know.

Thanks!!
KillerQ
KillerQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 07/09/22, 06:58 pm

KillerQ wrote:

Someone said that the way that the emulator is made that it won't work well with launching directly from a front end. Do you know of anyone has tested it, by chance? If not, I will test and let you know.

Thanks!!

Hello,

Sorry for such a later answer. Every software that can be installed in RetroBat was tested before. I own a licence for this paid software and I can assure you that it's 100% compatible with RetroBat. There are two alternatives solutions to run Pico 8 games or softwares in RetroBat, you can use the Retro8 libretro core but it's not always up to date to be able to run games made with the latest Pico 8 game engine. Or you can indeed use the official Pico 8 that allow you to play the games sources but also creating your own games. You can also download pico 8 games directly from its interface.

Pico 8 is a wonderfull tiny game engine to create simple LUA games and it totally worth its 15$.

Will the official, standalone Pico8 regulator with fine with RetroBat?  Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Post by KillerQ 07/09/22, 07:04 pm

Thanks for the reply, @kayl,

Yea, I ended up purchasing the official emulator not long after my original post. It's amazing and worth every penny. Like you mentioned, it works flawlessly with RetroBat.

Thanks again!

Kayl wrote:
KillerQ wrote:

Thanks!!

Hello,

Sorry for such a later answer. Every software that can be installed in RetroBat was tested before. I own a licence for this paid software and I can assure you that it's 100% compatible with RetroBat. There are two alternatives solutions to run Pico 8 games or softwares in RetroBat, you can use the Retro8 libretro core but it's not always up to date to be able to run games made with the latest Pico 8 game engine. Or you can indeed use the official Pico 8 that allow you to play the games sources but also creating your own games. You can also download pico 8 games directly from its interface.

Pico 8 is a wonderfull tiny game engine to create simple LUA games and it totally worth its 15$.
KillerQ
KillerQ

Kayl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down