RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Im new here and I made a Intro for the RetroBat FrontEnd

3 posters

Go down

Hi Im new here and I made a Intro for the RetroBat FrontEnd  Empty Hi Im new here and I made a Intro for the RetroBat FrontEnd

Post by KittyKattie 15/07/23, 01:13 am

Long Version

The Short Version

and anyone are welcome to use my two intro that I made and anyone are free to have them cat
Google Download link

also if anyone have the free time to help me where can I start making my own theme for retrobat please help me and point me in the right location.
this girl really want to start making my own theme and share to the RetroBat Community  cat

Kattie <3
KittyKattie
KittyKattie

Lorenzolamas, getupor and Quetza like this post

Back to top Go down

Hi Im new here and I made a Intro for the RetroBat FrontEnd  Empty Re: Hi Im new here and I made a Intro for the RetroBat FrontEnd

Post by Lorenzolamas 15/07/23, 01:21 am

good job !

please choose an avatar ;-)
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hi Im new here and I made a Intro for the RetroBat FrontEnd  Empty Re: Hi Im new here and I made a Intro for the RetroBat FrontEnd

Post by KittyKattie 15/07/23, 01:25 am

Lorenzolamas wrote:good job !

please choose an avatar ;-)
cat took me long time to find the profile edit, I manage to add one cat and thank you cheers
KittyKattie
KittyKattie

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 15/07/23, 10:52 am

KittyKattie wrote:
if anyone have the free time to help me where can I start making my own theme for retrobat please help me and point me in the right location.
this girl really want to start making my own theme and share to the RetroBat Community  cat
Kattie <3

Hello and welcome

It's a bit hard to told you how to start a theme, but we can try to point you on the right direction.

First, you should try to read this page, which is an explanation of the function that you can find to build a theme. But i think that even this page isn't complete, as the developper is more focus to create function than edit wiki (and it's normal).

So the second way to do is to "read" the standard theme provided by Retrobat, which is Carbon. This theme is a kind of "showcase" about all that is possible to do. Even if it looks really simple, there is a lot of customisation possible. You can find the file in your Retrobat folder, in \emulationstation\.emulationstation\themes\es-theme-carbon-master\, and on the github.

You can also have a look on the amazing work of @lehcim AKA HelMic, with his different theme. He also create a simple script to recreate a theme structure from logo folder. You can find it on our Discord. But this will be required on the finale step, when you will be ready to start creating a theme from a blank page.

You should start by trying to edit an existing theme, to understand first how to do, and also the amount of work required Wink

Hi Im new here and I made a Intro for the RetroBat FrontEnd  Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyKattie 15/07/23, 07:04 pm

getupor wrote:
KittyKattie wrote:
if anyone have the free time to help me where can I start making my own theme for retrobat please help me and point me in the right location.
Kattie <3

Hello and welcome

It's a bit hard to told you how to start a theme, but we can try to point you on the right direction.

First, you should try to read this page, which is an explanation of the function that you can find to build a theme. But i think that even this page isn't complete, as the developper is more focus to create function than edit wiki (and it's normal).

So the second way to do is to "read" the standard theme provided by Retrobat, which is Carbon. This theme is a kind of "showcase" about all that is possible to do. Even if it looks really simple, there is a lot of customisation possible. You can find the file in your Retrobat folder, in \emulationstation\.emulationstation\themes\es-theme-carbon-master\, and on the github.

You can also have a look on the amazing work of  @lehcim AKA HelMic, with his different theme. He also create a simple script to recreate a theme structure from logo folder. You can find it on our Discord. But this will be required on the finale step, when you will be ready to start creating a theme from a blank page.

You should start by trying to edit an existing theme, to understand first how to do, and also the amount of work required Wink

thank you so mush for talking the time to help me out, I will sure look into this for sure and practice on it, I really loved how everyone here work so hard to make one the best frontend ever made to be so friendly use when setting it up. cat
KittyKattie
KittyKattie

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down