RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can't get arcade button and joystick working with I-pac

4 posters

Go down

can't get arcade button and joystick working with I-pac  Empty can't get arcade button and joystick working with I-pac

Post by arthurdent1976 25/04/24, 01:56 pm

Hello folks  Very Happy
Thanks for this great software - and forum also  cheers  cheers  cheers

I am getting frustrated with my buttons!!! Please help 🙂

I have a 2 player cabinet with an I-pac2. I have per player: 1joystick, 6buttons plus start and select (and a hotkey connected to player 1).
After trying to get Batocera working I switched to Retrobat thinking it would be easier to set up but I run in to the same problems. I can get the controls working in the main menu, but when I start a game it doesn't work anymore.
I tried both keyboard mode and Dinput mode. Also tried Xinput mode at it kinda works but not all games.

I thought I-pac was supported with out mapping controls and messing with config files. Or do I need to edit retroarch.cfg or  es_systems.cfg?
For retrobat I configured the mapping to the keys here: https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/i-pacs/i-pac2/
And I also tried setting up controller inputs in batocera and retrobat. And it seems to work but as soon as I enter a game nothing works, apart from maybe one or two buttons.
Do you guys have a .ipc or xml file I can import into the I-pac program or do I need to follow an extensive guide like the one here:
https://github.com/iberov/retropie_ipac2_setup_wiki

There must be something that I am missing since I ran into the same issue with Batocera
arthurdent1976
arthurdent1976

Back to top Go down

can't get arcade button and joystick working with I-pac  Empty Re: can't get arcade button and joystick working with I-pac

Post by MartyKong 27/04/24, 05:06 pm

HI Everybody!!!
Thanks for asking this question Arthur. I am setting up an arcade bartop cab. for my brother and (Fingers Crossed) am hoping that 2 player keyboard can be implemented for this. The huge advantage of RetroBat being able to use 2 player keys (Dinput) are arcade fighter games will work, as well as gamepads (Xinput) for console games. When I've tried setting up Xinput zero delay for the control panel Arcade Sticks, they are seen as player 1 and 2 gamepads. When the kids grab the Xbox controllers they are loaded in order and are seen as player 3 and 4 which creates problems. Anyway, very much hoping you find a solution. Marty
MartyKong
MartyKong

Back to top Go down

can't get arcade button and joystick working with I-pac  Empty Re: can't get arcade button and joystick working with I-pac

Post by tartifless 27/04/24, 05:26 pm

Set your gamepads as first and second controllers, so when they are connected they will be 1 and 2 and when they are disconnected arcade sticks will be 1 and 2

can't get arcade button and joystick working with I-pac  Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MartyKong 27/04/24, 05:46 pm

Hi again,
Thanks for your reply Tartifless:D That might work great! So you recommend in Retrobat going to the Main Menu\Controller Settings\player 1 and then to set priorities - select say #0 Xbox 360 Controller and then #1 Xinput zero delay, does this sound like the correct way to set gamepad, Xinput arcade joystick priorities? Thanks again.
MartyKong
MartyKong

Back to top Go down

Post by MartyKong 06/05/24, 03:25 am

Hi, Tartifless
I have been doing a bit of googling to discover how to
Set your gamepads as first and second controllers, so when they are connected they will be 1 and 2 and when they are disconnected arcade sticks will be 1 and 2
but after looking through the Retrobat wiki, gamepads, controller configuration still haven't figured this out. Can you give me some more detail on how this can be done. Thank you, Marty
MartyKong
MartyKong

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 06/05/24, 07:26 am

Hello

Try like that :

can't get arcade button and joystick working with I-pac  2024-051

can't get arcade button and joystick working with I-pac  Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MartyKong 08/05/24, 02:28 am

Thank you.
MartyKong
MartyKong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down