RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stand alone Scummvm 2.2.0 support - just need help RetroBat to launch it :)

2 posters

Go down

Stand alone Scummvm 2.2.0 support - just need help RetroBat to launch it :) Empty Stand alone Scummvm 2.2.0 support - just need help RetroBat to launch it :)

Post by Virtualman 05/10/20, 01:40 am

Bonjours tout le monde, j'espere va bien/hope all is well.

Story: As you all know I had Scummvm/Residualvm all working with Retropie and want to retain the same file/folder structor without reinventing the wheel.
So far so good using stand alone emulator Scummvm 2.2.0

Goal: How can I tell RetroBat ES to force to use the standalone emulator vs. libreto? Yes I read your FAQ but I dont' want to go that path for many reasons...

My current setup that is working with standalone emulator:

1. Extracted binaries to <mydrive>\emulators\scummvm\*
Launch and manage to add all my games using same folder structure without issues with a little notepad++ finest.
scummvm.ini stores in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\ScummVM - I hope to force to public or local folder at some point Smile

2. Sample scummvm.ini 120+ games 100% working from standalone emulator: Note each game is in separate folders they are not files (it's not needed this is how overcame that in Retropie scene)
[bladerunner-win]
description=Blade Runner (Windows\English)
shorty=false
path=..\..\roms\scummvm\bladerunner-win.svm\
engineid=bladerunner
gameid=bladerunner
language=en
nodelaymillisfl=false
sitcom=false
platform=windows
guioptions=sndNoMIDI gameOption1 gameOption2 gameOption3 gameOption4 gameOption5 lang_English

3. Launch ..\emulators\scummvm\scummvm.exe and load any games 100% working at this point.

---------------------In RETROBAT/ES fronend--------------
This is the ask: How can I force RetroBAT to use standalone emulator it seems wanting to only use retroarch libreto/core ... it's old and not 100% compatible...
4. All my 3 files es_systems.opengl.cfg/.d3d.cf/.default.cfg are populated with proper extension but I can't seem to make it work.
<system>
<name>scummvm</name>
<fullname>ScummVM</fullname>
<hardware>engine</hardware>
<path>..\..\roms\scummvm</path>
<extension>.svm .SVM</extension>
<command>%HOME%\emulatorLauncher.exe %CONTROLLERSCONFIG% -system %SYSTEM% -emulator %EMULATOR% -core %CORE% -rom %ROM%</command>
<emulators>
<!--<emulator name="angle">
<cores>
<core>scummvm</core>
</cores>
</emulator>-->
<emulator name="libretro">
<cores>
<core>scummvm</core>
</cores>
</emulator>
</emulators>
<platform>pc</platform>
<theme>scummvm</theme>
</system>

Symptom: RetroBat/ES frontend see's all games display's properly but as soon i launch it seems to want libreto only... crashes even if add game using libreto core...
I would prefer to use standalone similar to other systems like GC, ps2, saturn, dc...
Appreciate the knowledge/support and note that I'm hoping to do exact same thing for residualvm as some point.
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Stand alone Scummvm 2.2.0 support - just need help RetroBat to launch it :) Empty Re: Stand alone Scummvm 2.2.0 support - just need help RetroBat to launch it :)

Post by Kayl 05/10/20, 02:12 pm

Hello,

The easy way I think if you really want to add your own emulator is to customize es_systems.cfg but this is not possible (modification protected) unless you edit retrobat.ini and set ConfigMode value to 0.

From my point of view, there should be no need for the standalone scummvm because scummvm libretro should work without problem (but it recognize .scummvm extension instead of .svm).

But we can consider to add the scummvm standalone for a next update...

Stand alone Scummvm 2.2.0 support - just need help RetroBat to launch it :) Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Virtualman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Stand alone Scummvm 2.2.0 support - just need help RetroBat to launch it :) Empty Re: Stand alone Scummvm 2.2.0 support - just need help RetroBat to launch it :)

Post by Virtualman 05/10/20, 11:05 pm

@kayl appreciate the reply - will ponder on this for a wile Smile but always wondered how you guys managed to make standalone emus show up in RetroBAT Smile
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down