RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daphne Launcher Bug - -datadir not supported

5 posters

Go down

Daphne Launcher Bug - -datadir not supported Empty Daphne Launcher Bug - -datadir not supported

Post by Virtualman 11/10/20, 04:10 pm

Using latest version of RetroBat 3.1 in standard folder structure F:\RetroBat

Symptoms:
1. Launch Daphne and get the following error...
Daphne Launcher Bug - -datadir not supported GHn2lO6

Launcher Logs:
Code:
2020-10-11 10:26:44.289 [INFO]    "F:\RetroBat\emulationstation\emulatorLauncher.exe" -p1index 0 -p1guid 03000000c82d00000261000000000000 -p1name "Bluetooth Wireless Controller  " -p1nbbuttons 16 -p1nbhats 1 -p1nbaxes 4  -system daphne -emulator daphne -core daphne -rom "F:\RetroBat\roms\daphne\astron.daphne"
2020-10-11 10:26:44.388 [INFO]    ->  F:\RetroBat\emulators\daphne\daphne.exe astron vldp -framefile F:\RetroBat\roms\daphne\astron.daphne/astron.txt -useoverlaysb 2 -x 1366 -y 768 -fullscreen -opengl -fastboot -datadir F:\RetroBat\emulators\daphne -homedir F:\RetroBat\roms\daphne -nocrc -noissues -nolog -noserversend -latency 950

Reproduce the problem and solution:
1. From cmd line ran the following: cd F:\RetroBat\emulators\daphne
Code:
F:\RetroBat\emulators\daphne\daphne.exe astron vldp -framefile F:\RetroBat\roms\daphne\astron.daphne/astron.txt -useoverlaysb 2 -x 1366 -y 768 -fullscreen -opengl -fastboot -datadir F:\RetroBat\emulators\daphne -homedir F:\RetroBat\roms\daphne -nocrc -noissues -nolog -noserversend -latency 950
Error reproduce as above...

Solution: remove "-datadir F:\RetroBat\emulators\daphne"
1. From cmd line ran the following: cd F:\RetroBat\emulators\daphne
Code:
F:\RetroBat\emulators\daphne\daphne.exe astron vldp -framefile F:\RetroBat\roms\daphne\astron.daphne/astron.txt -useoverlaysb 2 -x 1366 -y 768 -fullscreen -opengl -fastboot -homedir F:\RetroBat\roms\daphne -nocrc -noissues -nolog -noserversend -latency 950

All games launch properly!

Question to RetroBat team:
A. How can we remove the parameters and i rather use 1920x1080 as well?

This was a supported effort with me and @bilu to isolating the problem.
Appreciate any guidance and support you can provide.

Sincerely,
@Virtualman

Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Daphne Launcher Bug - -datadir not supported Empty Re: Daphne Launcher Bug - -datadir not supported

Post by Lorenzolamas 11/10/20, 04:34 pm

Hello,

I don't know which version of Retrobat you are using, but this problem has been fixed for several months ... Smile

"Merci quand même" ^^

edit: but for the resolution, it is indeed a bug. affraid
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Daphne Launcher Bug - -datadir not supported Empty Re: Daphne Launcher Bug - -datadir not supported

Post by f.caruso 11/10/20, 04:43 pm

This is strange : -datadir has been fixed in our repository july 20.
About the resolution thing, videomode feature is missing for daphne, a fix is on its way

Daphne Launcher Bug - -datadir not supported Admin4
f.caruso
f.caruso
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 11/10/20, 05:45 pm

Excellent to hear guys, but j'espre sa aide quand meme

Apologies guys - For some reason update was set to "Beta" thinking this would give me latest bleeding edge repo!!
I have it set to Stable and redownloaded but it still has not fixed the issue.

I have not seen in in your git... so error still pop's for Daphne.

Last edited by Virtualman on 11/10/20, 06:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 11/10/20, 06:20 pm

You're confusing the Retrobat and EmulationStation updates.
The updates of these two applications are independent.

There was no beta version for 3.1, only for 3.0

So redo a clean install of the latest Retrobat version (3.1), otherwise you haven't finished debugging things that maybe already are ^^
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 11/10/20, 06:25 pm

I have fresh install and we are having same exact issue, it's not resolve.
Can you please baked this in to next update Smile - provided all the evidence on symptoms to resolution Smile.
I would still like to know how you guys pass parameters Smile ...
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 11/10/20, 06:31 pm

@f.caruso or @lorenzolamas - What is the recommended way to have access to the fix Wink
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 11/10/20, 06:40 pm

Virtualman wrote:I have fresh install and we are having same exact issue, it's not resolve.
Can you please baked this in to next update Smile - provided all the evidence on symptoms to resolution Smile.
I would still like to know how you guys pass parameters Smile ...

I have a fresh install, and i dont have this issue. Im' talking about -datadir not the other bug (resolution).

like everyone else, you will have the fixes when version 3.2 is released. soon I hope.

Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 11/10/20, 07:54 pm

K, odd fresh install and -datadir is still present for me ... oh well I showed plenty of evidence - hope to see new updates soon.
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by f.caruso 11/10/20, 08:47 pm

Watch my repositories ( batocera-emulationstation, batocera-ports ) on git for the latest releases of emulationStation & emulatorLauncher. There's an automated build bot for these 2 project.

Thus... We don't do support the versions you take there. You can help us debugging & finding issues, but please don't package & distribute these version, as they can be unstable sometimes or contain things designed for test purposes only.

f.caruso
f.caruso
Admin

Lorenzolamas, Virtualman and bilu like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bilu 11/10/20, 09:38 pm

Hi @lorenzolamas and @f.caruso

I want to thank you for your support and hope we continue working together in a constructive manner. I helped @Virtualman find the issue but we were using a release that wasn't fixed yet.

Your two last posts were very useful:
1) we don't want to distribute anything you won't feel comfortable to.
2) we can now also test the same builds as Lorenzo and see if we reproduce the same behavior.
3) we can check the commits under the batocera-ports/releases/tag/continuous and batocera-emulationstation/releases/tag/continuous-master before reporting, I was now able to identify the -datadir fix on the 20 July.

Looking forward for good work, fun, and the next release Smile

Cheers,
Bilu

bilu
bilu

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by f.caruso 18/10/20, 12:48 pm

I love Jack O'Neill Very Happy

f.caruso
f.caruso
Admin

bilu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by briefer 21/02/21, 10:16 am

briefer
briefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down