RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] Commodore stuck on ready screen

4 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] Commodore stuck on ready screen Empty [RESOLVED] Commodore stuck on ready screen

Post by hanexs 08/11/21, 09:29 pm

Hi all, I have most of the emulators working in Retrobat and I love it, this package is incredible and thanks for all the work you put into it.

But I can't get commodore 64 to work.   I click on the roms, and most of them go to the blue screen and just get stick on "Ready".    A few load but most dont, and I have tried every available core in advanced.    When I go into the retrobat emulator directory and load the roms manually through retroarch it works perfectly.

Is there some command I am missing to make the commodore actually attempt to load the rom, instead of just waiting at the ready screen?
hanexs
hanexs

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Commodore stuck on ready screen Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Commodore stuck on ready screen

Post by Lorenzolamas 09/11/21, 06:25 pm

Hello,

could you give us the exact names of a few problematic roms?
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] Commodore stuck on ready screen Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Commodore stuck on ready screen

Post by 0kti 13/11/21, 10:29 am

For me c64 works great
0kti
0kti

Back to top Go down

Post by hanexs 14/11/21, 11:46 pm

I solved the issue, but for the life of me I cant figure out the underlying issue.  Here are the details,

The c64 roms I am using are from  Motion.Blue.Unified.Rom.Sets-PiPiggies a torrent I found with lots of roms.

I noticed that the roms that ended with (Europe) worked and the ones that ended with (USA) didnt work.   I thought it was a region thing, so I played with that, no luck.  Out of desperation I renamed the rom file to REMOVE the (USA).   And it worked.   So I batch removed ALL of the (USA) strings from all my rom files, and all my thumbnail files, and it works.

Super odd, I have no explantation for why the (USA) string caused this error.   It works fine in retroarch when I manually load it, but not through retrobat.
hanexs
hanexs

Back to top Go down

Post by drylightn 25/06/23, 07:21 pm

@hanexs FWIW, i had this same issue. But thanks to your tip, I removed the (USA) from the filename and the roms now load correctly from ES frontend.
drylightn
drylightn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down