RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disable EmulationStation emulator settings?

4 posters

Go down

Disable EmulationStation emulator settings? Empty Disable EmulationStation emulator settings?

Post by xomm 30/04/22, 09:59 pm

Hello,

I'm a big fan of EmulationStation as a frontend, but personally I would rather configure emulators using their own UIs since I am more familiar with that and it gives me access to more options. (For example, I use a more recent version of PCSX2 for .chd support and Vulkan backend.)

Rather than manually adding those to es_features.cfg, is there any way to globally disable emulator settings so that it doesn't overwrite my external changes when launching a game? i.e. I would like to use it simply as a frontend/launcher and not for configuring emulator settings.

I saw some older topics about this but the ini option in the answer don't seem to be in there anymore:
https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t296-retroarch-config-changes-being-overridden#1888

I also disabled "autoconfigure emulators controllers" but my controller configurations still get overridden in RetroArch (e.g. hotkeys)
https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t738-retroarch-settings-overriden-every-time-i-launch-a-game
xomm
xomm

Back to top Go down

Disable EmulationStation emulator settings? Empty Re: Disable EmulationStation emulator settings?

Post by getupor 30/04/22, 10:24 pm

Hello.
No, it's not possible.
Maybe Retrobat isn't the solution that you need, if you want to override all settings.

Disable EmulationStation emulator settings? Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Disable EmulationStation emulator settings? Empty Re: Disable EmulationStation emulator settings?

Post by xomm 30/04/22, 11:26 pm

Could you explain a little why it is not possible? For example if I remove a config file in system/configgen/config_files.list it will stop overwriting that file. However I still seem to lose my controller configurations in RetroArch, so there is probably another component I'm overlooking. Surely it is just a matter of editing another file somewhere?

I've used other implementations of EmulationStation (such as on ArkOS) where it is not as aggressive in overwriting configurations.

Edit: So it seems that after doing this, it overwrites it once on initial start but from there I can configure it how I want and it won't overwrite again.
xomm
xomm

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 01/05/22, 11:27 am

xomm wrote:Could you explain a little why it is not possible? For example if I remove a config file in system/configgen/config_files.list it will stop overwriting that file. However I still seem to lose my controller configurations in RetroArch, so there is probably another component I'm overlooking. Surely it is just a matter of editing another file somewhere?

I've used other implementations of EmulationStation (such as on ArkOS) where it is not as aggressive in overwriting configurations.

Edit: So it seems that after doing this, it overwrites it once on initial start but from there I can configure it how I want and it won't overwrite again.

If I understand what you are saying correctly:

For retroarch it is simple to change the configuration of the controllers, whether it is for a game or all the heart.

Launch a game, then in game "select+A" (or B I don't know), then once reconfigure save for the game or for the heart, the configuration will take priority.

Aynshe
Aynshe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 01/05/22, 12:41 pm

Guys,

I'm tired of constantly answering this kind of request, always the same...

Retrobat does not work like that, if you want to do otherwise, use another frontend or create your own.

I am closing this umpteenth topic.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

getupor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down