RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PCSX2 version changes causes that games can´t be launched by retrobat

5 posters

Go down

PCSX2 version changes causes that games can´t be launched by retrobat Empty PCSX2 version changes causes that games can´t be launched by retrobat

Post by Francisco2487 26/05/22, 01:10 pm

I just updated my PCSX2 version to the nightly version v1.7.2812, since then when I try to run a PS2 game on retrobat is goes back immediatly to the platform menu, I just changed the PCSX2 version so I don´t get what is happening. Anyone with the same problem can help me? I can´t find info regarding the issue from this year
Francisco2487
Francisco2487

Back to top Go down

PCSX2 version changes causes that games can´t be launched by retrobat Empty Re: PCSX2 version changes causes that games can´t be launched by retrobat

Post by Francisco2487 26/05/22, 01:21 pm

I just got back to an older version and is working, maybe emulationstation people should check compatiblilty with new pscx2 builds
Francisco2487 wrote:I just updated my PCSX2 version to the nightly version v1.7.2812, since then when I try to run a PS2 game on retrobat is goes back immediatly to the platform menu, I just changed the PCSX2 version so I don´t get what is happening. Anyone with the same problem can help me? I can´t find info regarding the issue from this year
Francisco2487
Francisco2487

Back to top Go down

PCSX2 version changes causes that games can´t be launched by retrobat Empty Re: PCSX2 version changes causes that games can´t be launched by retrobat

Post by getupor 26/05/22, 01:26 pm

"HELLO"

Actually, with the V4 version of Retrobat, only the stable version of PCSX2 (1.6.0) is handled.

BTW, you should notice that your executable name isn't the same... how do you want that Retrobat know that ?

PCSX2 version changes causes that games can´t be launched by retrobat Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Francisco2487 26/05/22, 01:54 pm

I took that in account and changed the excutable name to match, it just that the new version is not handled and wanted a solution, but I noticed it´s just the newer beta version failing, the older one is working fine so I´ll have to wait for a new version or stay with the one that works
getupor wrote:"HELLO"

Actually, with the V4 version of Retrobat, only the stable version of PCSX2 (1.6.0) is handled.

BTW, you should notice that your executable name isn't the same... how do you want that Retrobat know that ?
Francisco2487
Francisco2487

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 26/05/22, 04:06 pm

Hi guy,

PCSX2 version changes causes that games can´t be launched by retrobat SBPzHaVBtLwAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

If you modify anything, it's not Retrobat 4.0.2 anymore, it's a custom version of Retrobat, we don't provide any support on custom build.

Br.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidgeon 27/05/22, 12:40 pm

Francisco2487 wrote:I just updated my PCSX2 version to the nightly version v1.7.2812, since then when I try to run a PS2 game on retrobat is goes back immediatly to the platform menu, I just changed the PCSX2 version so I don´t get what is happening. Anyone with the same problem can help me? I can´t find info regarding the issue from this year

You can add it as a new emulator, but it still wont work well if you're only using a controller. The usual quit game hotkey (start+select) doesn't work, so you need a keyboard. Even when you set the hotkey within PCSX 1.7 itself it still only closes the game and not the emulator. Hopefully Retrobat adds full support when 1.7 is offically released.
Spidgeon
Spidgeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Francisco2487 03/06/22, 03:07 am

Yeah the but the retroarch core of pcsx2 doesn´t have options I need like the ones needed to config hardware hacks, everything is vanilla and I have custom configs for some games that otherwise are unbeareable to play like that
Spidgeon wrote:

You can add it as a new emulator, but it still wont work well if you're only using a controller. The usual quit game hotkey (start+select) doesn't work, so you need a keyboard. Even when you set the hotkey within PCSX 1.7 itself it still only closes the game and not the emulator. Hopefully Retrobat adds full support when 1.7 is offically released.
Francisco2487
Francisco2487

Back to top Go down

Post by Francisco2487 03/06/22, 03:11 am

Solved the issue, the command line I got from the internet prevented the gui of pcsx2 from loading and no game is loading without that. I now people who use batocera and retrobat does´nt care about graphic game accuracy they want to play in the momento withpout configure anything, but the psxc2 core lacks crucial options for, for example, view fully and correct outlines on DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 characters
Francisco2487
Francisco2487

prickster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by prickster 03/09/22, 08:03 pm

Francisco2487 wrote:Solved the issue, the command line I got from the internet prevented the gui of pcsx2 from loading and no game is loading without that. I now people who use batocera and retrobat does´nt care about graphic game accuracy they want to play in the momento withpout configure anything, but the psxc2 core lacks crucial options for, for example, view fully and correct outlines on DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 characters

So what exactly did you edit to get the updated nightly build (1.7) working within the rb menu? I've been trying to figure this out.
prickster
prickster

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 03/09/22, 08:06 pm

Hello
wait for Retrobat V5.
Beta will come soon.

PCSX2 version changes causes that games can´t be launched by retrobat Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by prickster 03/09/22, 09:57 pm

getupor wrote:Hello
wait for Retrobat V5.
Beta will come soon.

Thanks anyway. I got it working. I just added a new folder under emulators with updated version of pcsx2 and added a new command line within the .cfg file to open up the newer version. Works great. Couldn't wait.
prickster
prickster

LeongRJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down